Netgear routers come with splendid features to keep you connected with a high-speed internet connection. One such feature is Netgear ReadyCLOUD. It is a tremendous feature that allows you to access the data on a USB storage device connected to the router from anywhere. ReadyCLOUD is also compatible with ReadyNAS storage systems.
Having said that, you would probably have a few queries in your mind – how does ReadyCLOUD Netgear work? What exactly is ReadyCLOUD? How do I set it up on my Netgear Nighthawk wireless router? Well, in this post, all your top queries will be answered. Just stay on this page and know all about Netgear ReadyCLOUD service.
What Exactly Netgear ReadyCLOUD is
ReadyCLOUD from Netgear is a secure way to access your USB storage devices from anywhere and any device. However, the device must have an active internet connection and a web browser. Conventionally, this feature has been incorporated on storage devices like ReadyNAS. But now, it has made its way into Netgear Nighthawk WiFi routers such as Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 router.
ReadyCloud backup enables you to log in to readycloud.netgear.com which opens a secure tunnel to your USB storage devices. Talking about its GUI, it displays all your data in the file and folder format. Thus, it is super easy to view, read, download and even share your files with others.
How do I Set up ReadyCLOUD on My Netgear Router
Let’s get to know how to perform the Netgear ReadyCLOUD setup for your router. Follow the steps outlined below and you are done:
- Firstly, you need to create a ReadyCLOUD account.
- For this, open a web browser of your choice.
- Make sure that the web browser you use is running on the latest version.
- Now, head over to http://readycloud.netgear.com web address.
- Click on the Create Account link.
- When prompted, fill in the necessary details and create your account.
- Put your router on power.
- Next, connect a USB storage device to your router.
- Log in to your Netgear WiFi router using the routerlogin.net web address. In case you find routerlogin.net not working error, get in touch with our experts and fix the issue right away.
- Once logged in successfully, the router’s basic home screen will display.
- From here, click on the ReadySHARE option.
- Now, sign in to your ReadyCLOUD account and register your router.
There you are! If you are still facing issues while setting up Netgear ReadyCLOUD on your router, don’t hesitate to contact our experienced technicians at 1-866-463-6444.
Verifying ReadyCLOUD is Working on Your Netgear Router
Wondering how do I know that ReadyCLOUD has been successfully set up? If so, wonder no more! To verify the working of ReadyCLOUD on your router, refresh your web browser and log back into the readycloud.netgear.com web portal. Enter the ReadyCLOUD login credentials and sign in to your ReadyCLOUD Netgear account.
After signing in to your account, you will see an icon for the Netgear router as well as the USB storage device you registered. When you double-click on your router icon, you will be accompanied by a panel that shows the files and folder available on the USB storage device. From here, you can view the files online as well as download them on your device. Confirm that you are able to view and download your files and you are good to go.
Can I Use ReadyCLOUD on My Mobile?
You can use this fantastic online storage service on your mobile device as well. Just download the ReadyCLOUD app for your Android and iOS device. In addition to the features that you can access on the desktop, the mobile app offers a few more features such as:
- Automatic camera roll backup to ReadyCLOUD
- Streaming DLNA music from your ReadyCLOUD device connected to your mobile device
Issues with ReadyCLOUD download? Get immediate assistance from our highly-experienced technicians at 1-866-463-6444.
The Final Words
Netgear ReadyCLOUD is one of the exceptional online storage services that make it easier to securely access your local data over the internet. What stands it out is its integration with your mobile devices as well as a home network.