Whether you are facing Netgear router red light issue or your device ceased to work properly, performing factory default reset is always the ultimate hack. This is because the Netgear router reset process erases all the personalized configurations including custom passwords, parental controls, and guest networks. It means that performing factory default reset allows you to take your device back to its default settings. If you are lurking around for a guide to reset your Netgear router, then read none other than this blog. Here, we will thoroughly guide you on how to perform Netgear router reset.
But, before we head over to the guide to restore your Netgear WiFi router to factory default settings, let’s make you aware of the methods to do so.
Methods to Perform Netgear Router Reset
You can perform Netgear router reset using any one of the following methods:
- Soft Reset
- Hard Reset
Moving on, let’s have a look at the requirements to reset your Netgear wireless router.
What Do You Need to Perform Netgear Router Reset?
- A working electrical socket to power up your Netgear WiFi router.
- A paper clip or a pin if you choose to perform Hard Reset of your Netgear router.
- A laptop or a computer to reconfigure your router.
Once these things become handy, you can move ahead to reset your Netgear router.
Steps to Perform Soft Reset of Netgear Router
To restore your Netgear router to factory default settings using the Soft Reset method, you need to access the routerlogin page. Mentioned below are the instructions to perform Netgear router reset:
- Plug your Netgear WiFi router into an electrical socket and press the Power button.
- Now, open your computer or laptop and launch a web browser that is running on its updated version. Apart from that, consider clearing the cache, cookies, and browsing history of the web browser.
- Thereafter, go to the address bar and type the default web address of the Netgear WiFi router into it.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the Netgear router administrative page.
- Now, enter the default login details of your Netgear router into their respective fields.
Note: If you have ever made changes to the username and password of your Netgear router, then consider using the changed login details to log in to your WiFi device.
- Afterward, click the Log In button.
- You will get welcomed by the Netgear Genie dashboard.
- Now, click the Advanced menu and choose the Maintenance option.
- After that, look for the Reset option.
- Once there, click the button to initiate the Netgear router reset process.
Once your router resets, you can configure it from scratch by accessing the Netgear Genie setup wizard. Just in case you feel stuck at any step while restoring your device to factory default settings, then get in touch with our experts immediately to perform Netgear router reset in a hassle-free manner.
Found the Soft Reset method tedious? No worries! Let’s make you aware of the steps on how to Hard Reset your Netgear router.
Steps to Perform Hard Reset of Netgear Router
You can opt for the Hard Reset method if you want to make things happen in an instant. Read the instructions given below to perform Hard Reset of your Netgear WiFi router:
- Ensure that your Netgear router is receiving a fluctuation-free electricity.
- Once assured, look around for the Reset button on your WiFi router.
- Thereafter, grab a paper clip or a pin and use it to press the button.
- Hold on for some time and your Netgear router will revert to factory default settings.
Now, open your computer or laptop and perform Netgear router setup from the beginning.
Need More Guidance?
No matter which method you choose to perform Netgear router reset, the aforementioned guide will definitely help you reset your router. If you are still unsure about the reset process, don’t hesitate to seek the help of our expert technicians. They’ll restore your Netgear router to factory default settings in a flash.