Fix: Netgear Router Not Working Problem
Has your Netgear router stopped working? Does it say connected, but is not letting you surf the web? Well, worry not! This easy guide will help you troubleshoot almost all problems you might be facing with your Netgear router.
Netgear wireless router not working is the most common issue faced by many users around the globe. If this issue is baffling you, don’t rush to reset your router. Instead, try the following troubleshooting tips and let your router make the most for you when it comes to internet usage.
Netgear Router Basic Troubleshooting
- Give both your router and modem a restart. Pull out the power cable from both the devices and then again install.
- Let the internet light on your router and modem turn On. If you can see light on your modem then it means your modem is working fine and you are receiving internet from your ISP.
- Now check the internet light on your WiFi router that whether it is on or not. If yes, then probably restarting the device has helped you fix the Netgear router not working issue.
If the problem still persists and troubling you, then try the next tip.
Update Netgear Router Firmware
It is quite possible that the firmware of your Netgear router has become outdated. If this is the reason that is hampering your router’s performance, then you are advised to perform a firmware upgrade on your WiFi router. To do so:
- Access Netgear router setup page via routerlogin.net to check updates.Note: If the default web address is not working for you, try to perform Netgear router login by using the default IP, i.e. 192.168.0.1.
- You will be able to log in only after entering your Username and Password. So, enter the details correctly to proceed successfully.
- Once logged in, check for updates and if any new firmware update is available for your router then get it by clicking on it.
- As soon as the firmware gets updated, your system will restart. So, don’t panic!
Now check if updating the firmware on your router helps you fix your Netgear router problem or not. If not, then resetting your Netgear router is the only option you are left with. To reset your router, the below-listed steps can be followed.
Reset Your Netgear Router
You can reset your router either using a Hard reset method or using the Soft reset method. Let’s know both the methods one by one.
Hard Reset Your Netgear Router
locate the Reset button on your router and press it using a paperclip or similar device. Once done, release the button and restart your router.
That’s it, you can now again set up your router for seamless internet connectivity.
Soft Reset Your Netgear Router
- Access routerlogin.net using the web browser of your choice to land on the Netgear router login page.
- You will be asked to fill your username and password. Just enter the details and login.
- Now navigate to Backup settings option under Maintenance tab and select “Revert to factory default settings”.
- Doing so will reset all your router settings to the default and ask for reboot.
- Now restart your router and configure the setup process again.
Resetting your router to default factory settings will positively fix the issue you might be struggling with for a long time.
Is still your Netgear router not working problem? If so, contact our experts now via chat or email.