Is your home actually smart? Well, let us tell you that over 60 million people use a virtual assistant for completing their routine home tasks. Yeah, that’s right! Therefore, the newest Netgear WiFi routers also come now with the Google Assistant integration. You now have the ability to easily control your Netgear router using your melodious voice. Here, we will take every lid off on how to access Netgear router with Google Assistant. All set? Let’s begin now.
You can use Google Home or supported Android devices and Google Assistant app to control your home router with voice commands. Firstly, you should know whether your Netgear router supports Google Assistant or not.
Which Netgear Devices Support Google Assistant?
Here’s a list of supported Netgear devices.
- Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Model R6700 and R6700v2
- AC1900 Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router Model R6900, R6900P and R7000
- Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with Netgear Armor Model R7000P
- Nighthawk AC2600 X4S Smart WiFi Gaming Router Model R7800
- AD7200 Nighthawk Router Model R9000
- AC7000 Nighthawk WiFi Router Model R8900
- Netgear Nighthawk AC4000 R8000P WiFi Router
- Nighthawk AC3200 R8000 Wireless Router
- Orbi WiFi Systems
And a lot more.
So if you have any of the aforementioned Netgear routers, you can easily use Google Assistant to manage your router.
Which Voice Commands Does My Netgear Router Support?
Below-given are the Google Assistant commands which are supported by your Netgear router:
- Ok Google, reboot my router.
- Ok Google, disable my guest network.
- Ok Google, enable the guest network.
- Ok Google, what is my WiFi network password?
- Ok Google, what are my WiFi settings?
Hey Google, How Does It Work?
You just need to activate remote access on your router using the Nighthawk app or Orbi app as per your device. After that, download and open the Netgear app on your Google Assistant. And control your router using your voice commands.
Easy, isn’t it?
Wait! There is a catch – make sure to set up the router security settings. You can do so by accessing the router login portal on a WiFi-compatible device. By chance, if the web address is not working or showing errors, you can use the default IP address to log in to your router and access the settings dashboard.
How to Enable Netgear Router to Work With Google Assistant?
In order to make your Netgear WiFi router work with the Google Assistant, you must download the Netgear Genie app, create a remote access account and then register your router with it. Here are the complete steps to do so:
1. Download the Google Assistant app on your mobile device.
2. Connect your mobile to the Netgear router using a WiFi connection.
3. Next, open the Google Assistant app.
4. Tap on the Explore option and search for Netgear.
5. Thereafter, tap on the Link button.
6. Create a remote access account using your email ID.
7. Now, log in to your account using the credentials you have set up.
8. Finally, tap on the Accept option.
And that’s it! Your Netgear app has been linked to Google Assistant.
Access Your Netgear Router Now!
Done with activating the Google Assistant? Now, let’s tell you how to access Netgear router with your voice commands:
Ok Google, Activate My Guest Network.
Having a lot of friends visiting your home on coming holiday season? Use this simple voice command (mentioned above) and enable and disable your guest network on your router.
Looking for Your WiFi Password? Don’t Search, Just Ask.
After enabling your Netgear router to work with the Google Assistant, you can effortlessly use the voice commands to make the router setting changes. Provided that the Google Assistant can recognize users and only follows the authorized voice commands, so security is not a matter of concern.
In case you forgot your WiFi password or your guest network password, just ask it from Google Assistant and get the information on your mobile device. If you come across any sort of technical issue while using Google Assistant, get in touch with our experts via chat or email.