By enabling remote management on Netgear routers, users can get the most out of their WiFi devices. The feature not only helps you but also others (if allowed) to check the status of your router, configure it, or even update its firmware. By enabling the Netgear router remote management feature you can;
- Seek help from experts for administering the configuration of your router and making it operational.
- Troubleshoot various issues of other’s routers like friends or relatives.
- Configure your Netgear router using the internet.
This is to inform you that Netgear router remote management feature comes turned off by default because this may incite hackers to breach your WiFi network security. Thus, it is best to turn off the feature when not in use. This way, you will be able to save your router from unwanted access. But, if you want to use the remote management feature of your Netgear router, you need to manually enable it. Below is the breakdown of steps explaining how to enable Netgear router remote management feature.
To Turn On Netgear Router Remote Management
- Plug in your router to a working power socket and turn the power button on.
- The moment you find the power LED on your router has turned green, get access to your computer and open a web browser on it.
Note: Although you can make use of any web browser, however, ensure that the one you use is updated to the latest software version.
- Type routerlogin in the address bar of your web browser and hit Enter.
Quick Tip: If you are unable to access the Netgear router login page using routerlogin web address, try to get the job done using Netgear router IP.
- You will be asked to fill in your username and password.
- Enter your login details into the fields given and click Log In.
- The dashboard of your router displays.
- From here, navigate to Settings > Advanced > Remote Management.
- Next, turn the Router Remote Management feature on by selecting it.
- You need to decide on offering access to only one system or all the devices that are in the range of your IP.
- If you want to give access of your router to only one computer, then select the ‘Only This Computer’ option.
- You will then be asked to type the IP of your computer.
- So, do the same to proceed further.
- Just in case you want to provide your router’s access to an array of devices at the same time, then select the ‘IP Address Range’ option.
- For selecting a variety of devices, you need to type the starting and the ending point of range in the ‘From’ and ‘To’ boxes.
- Next, you will be asked to leave a port number.
- So, enter the same and hit Apply.
- Wait for a while and let the changes made by you come into effect.
- This is how you can enable Netgear router remote management. You are now free to access and manage your Netgear router from just about anywhere.
Wasn’t the process of enabling Netgear router remote management super easy? We hope it was! Since you started sharing your router remotely, we recommend you change the default port of your device to something secure. Also, keep in mind to change the login details of your Netgear router right away. Else, anyone can log in to your Netgear router and get access to your WiFi.
Just in case you need assistance for enabling the router remote management feature on your Netgear, feel free to contact our technical experts at any hour of the day.