Struggling with Netgear router orange light? Nothing to worry about! Just go through this write-up and find all possible troubleshooting steps to get rid of the issue. Let’s take the plunge.
What’s Included in the Troubleshooting Guide?
This post will provide you key solutions to various different Netgear router orange light issues such as:
- Internet LED blinking orange on Netgear router
- Netgear Nighthawk router orange LED light
- 1 out of 4 ports showing orange light
- Netgear orange light on the Ethernet port
- Blinking orange LED after update
- Netgear router orange power light
Before delving into the troubleshooting steps, let’s first determine why the Netgear router showing orange light.
Why My Netgear Router Shows Orange LED Light?
1. Obsolete Firmware
In the event that you are avoiding the firmware update pop-ups for a longer time, you may find yourself struggling with the Netgear router orange light issue. So, access routerlogin.net web page, navigate to the Firmware Update section and check if there is any new update available.
2. Partial Router Installation
Partial or improperly set up router may lead you to the orange LED issue. In this case, restarting the Netgear WiFi router and setting it up again can help you out.
3. Modem Connection Issues
Did you connect your modem to the Netgear router? If so, check the wired connections between them. They should be precise and finger-tight.
Solved: Netgear Router Orange Light
Let’s have a look at the steps to fix the orange light issue on Netgear router:
1. Orange Internet LED on Netgear Router
To troubleshoot the Netgear router orange internet LED issue, go through the instructions mentioned below:
- Power off your Netgear wireless router and modem.
- Let both the devices take some rest.
- Afterward, turn on your modem and then the router.
- If after rebooting, the internet LED is still amber, make a wired connection between your modem and router.
2. Orange Ethernet LED on Netgear Router
Here’s how to fix this issue:
- Place your Netgear WiFi router away from interference-creating devices like microwaves, refrigerators, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, etc.
- Update your Netgear router firmware to the most recent version. This troubleshooting step also works when your Netgear Nighthawk not connecting to internet.
3. Netgear Router Orange Light on Some Ports
In case some of the Netgear router ports are showing orange, here is the solution:
- Check if the Ethernet cable you use has any cuts. If any, swap it with a new one.
- Make sure that your device includes 1 Gbps network interface card.
- Update the installed drivers on your device.
4. Netgear Router Showing a Solid Amber Power Light
Get rid of the issue by following the instructions below:
- Verify whether the router is receiving fluctuation-free power supply.
- Perform a factory reset on your Netgear router and restore all its default settings.
- Reboot your Netgear wireless router.
That’s how you can fix the Netgear router orange light issue within minutes. In case the orange LED is still troubling you, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our veteran experts.