Set up your Netgear Nighthawk router successfully but still it won’t connect to the internet? Fret not! This post will make you aware of some troubleshooting ways to get rid of the Netgear Nighthawk not connecting to internet issue. Let’s delve in.
This post is the ultimate guide if you are looking for a relevant solution to the following issues:
- Netgear router won’t connect to internet
- WiFi router not getting internet from modem
- Recently lost my internet connection, how to get it fixed
- Netgear Nighthawk not connecting to internet
- Netgear genie issues while detecting the internet connection
- Netgear Nighthawk connected but no internet
- No internet light on the Nighthawk router
- No internet secured error
- My Nighthawk router not connecting to WiFi on Windows 10
- Can’t connect to Netgear Nighthawk wireless router
- Router says connected but no internet access
To resolve all such Nighthawk router connection issues quickly, contact our technical experts right away.
Fix: Netgear Nighthawk Router Not Connecting to Internet
1. Power Cycle Your Nighthawk Router
Over time, Netgear Nighthawk router becomes overworked due to which you may face connection issues. That’s why, turn off your Nighthawk WiFi router as well as computer.
Give them some time to take rest. After that, turn both the devices back on again. Now, check if you are now able to connect your Nighthawk router.
2. Check Wired Connections
Maybe the internet connection itself is not available to your Nighthawk router. Despite the fact that a valid internet connection is being provided by your ISP, it may not reach the router. In this case, you need to check the status of the LED lights on your Netgear Nighthawk router.
A red internet LED indicates that there is an internet connection but the router is not connecting to it. To fix this, you need to:
- Check all the cables connected to your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router.
- If you find a fault in the cable, better to replace it rather than repairing.
- Be certain that all the cable connections are firm and accurate.
3. Update Your Nighthawk Router
Another reason behind the Netgear Nighthawk not connecting to internet issue is obsolete firmware. If your WiFi router is also running on outdated firmware, go through the steps below to update your router’s firmware:
- Access routerlogin.net web page.
- Fill in the user ID and passphrase to log in to your Nighthawk router.
- Head over to the Firmware Update section.
- Hit the Check button.
- If you find a new firmware version for your Nighthawk router, click on the Update button.
4. Reset Your Nighthawk Router
Still Netgear Nighthawk not connecting to internet? If so, go with the factory reset method. Resetting will delete all the customized settings of your router and restore all its default settings. So, create a backup of all the existing settings of your Netgear wireless router. Here are the instructions to reset your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router:
- Plug your Nighthawk router into a power outlet and turn it on.
- Take a pin-like tool.
- Find the Factory Reset hole on your router.
- Once found, use a pin to press the Reset button.
- Let the Nighthawk router reboot itself.
Done! Your Nighthawk router has been reset to the factory default settings. Now, you need to reconfigure your router.
That’s how you can get rid of the Netgear Nighthawk not connecting to internet issue. Still facing the same issue? Reach out to our experts now!