Netgear R6700 Nighthawk (AC1750) smart dual-band WiFi router comes packed with a 1Ghz dual-core processor that’s designed especially for large homes or apartments.
Netgear R6700 supposed to be a mid-range WiFi router that supports about 450Mbps on the 2.4Ghz frequency band and on the other hand, up to 1300Mbps on the 5Ghz frequency band for sure.
As a matter of fact, it weighs more than 1 pound and measures 11.22 x 7.26 x 1.97 in (HWD). Well, Netgear R6700 is part of the well-known Nighthawk series and holds the same housing design similar to the Netgear R7000.
The R6700 is very sturdy (well-built/strong) and moreover, it has a wide base with rubber feet. As a matter of fact, it won’t slide down all over a surface or slip. If you have limited space, Netgear R6700 Nighthawk (AC1750) can be wall-mounted as well.
Features of Netgear R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Wireless Router
- AC1750 WiFi: 450+1300 Mbps speeds.
- 1GHz dual-core processor.
- Ideal for those homes that own more than 12 WiFi devices.
- It has beneficial features for lag-free gaming.
- Enough bandwidth for online gaming, live streaming videos, movies, or music.
- In addition, it has 1 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0 Port.
- Refer user manual/documentation for Netgear router troubleshooting steps.
- Fast, uninterrupted, and continuous access to USB (Universal Serial Bus) HDD (hard disk drive) with USB 3.0 ports.
Specifications Of Netgear R6700 Nighthawk AC1750
- 802.11ac dual-band Gigabit.
- 450+1300 Mbps (AC1750).
- Covers dead zones, blind spots, and poor connectivity areas of large home, building, or apartments.
- Dual-band 2.4 & 5GHz simultaneously.
- Beamforming+ technology boosts the internet speed, reliability, and range of existing WiFi Connections for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
Number of Ethernet Ports
- Five (5)—1 WAN and 4 LAN (10/100/1000 Mbps) Gigabit Ethernet ports.
Number of USB Ports
- One (1) — USB 3.0 port
- Customized free URL (Uniform Resource Locator) to set up personal FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server.
- VPN (virtual private network) support—secure remote access.
- Guest network/WiFi access—separate and secure.
- WPA/WPA2—PSK (WiFi Protected Access).
- Double firewall protection SPI — (serial peripheral interface) and NAT (Network address translation).
- DoS (Denial-of-service) attack prevention.
Below Are The Pros And Cons Of The Netgear R6700 WiFi Router
- Fast NAS (Network-attached storage) /Storage Performance.
- A very attractive Design.
- It has a very good range.
- Quick and easy Netgear router setup.
- Unbeatable 802.11ac speeds.
- A bit expensive.
- Not a better software.
As a matter of fact, Netgear R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 wireless router is suitable for large homes and it is best for daily use. On the other hand, its reliable and fast WiFi performance, along with its ease of use makes Netgear R6700 very convenient, and moreover, it is easy to understand why this WiFi router has become one of the most popular options in today’s modern era of technology.
In addition, it is packed with features like its high QoS (Quality of Service) full VPN (virtual private network) and its attractive exterior design.
It might be too big for small homes and its software is not so good. However, it is possible to upgrade the Netgear firmware on your device to Tomato or DD-WRT. Additionally, its high-quality range and reach of the internet and throughput WiFi speeds can make this smart wireless router an excellent/outstanding addition to any home.
Note: If you need any help with the Netgear router installation process, feel free to get in touch with our experts via chat or email.