A home WiFi network households with more game lovers and more smart gaming devices have 2 main choices. The Nighthawk XR450 pro gaming router has a dual-core 1.7 GHz processor that has more power of handling multiple streaming and gaming devices at the same time.
In this post, we will discuss some handy facts and features of the Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR450 router along with is setup process via WPS and web-browser setup.
Netgear Router Installation: XR450 four (4) Ethernet ports are applicable for wired connections and the AC2400 wireless connection is meant for connecting everything else in the house. Nighthawk XR450 push-button WPS (WiFi-Protected setup) connection allows easy setup and installation for range extenders and mesh systems as well.
In addition, its 2 USB three ports allow a user for local network storage.
- For online gaming Nighthawk XR450 pro gaming router has purpose-built hardware and software.
- In addition, it also consists of 4 LAN (local area network) + 1 WAN (wide area network) Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Delivers up to 2.4Gbps continuous internet speed.
More about The Nighthawk XR450 Pro Gaming Router
1. Gigabit Ports
4 LAN + 1 WAN (Five (5) Gigabit Ethernet ports) for maximum WiFi speeds (wired) that is ideal for competitive gaming.
2. Fast 802.11ac WiFi
- Blazing fast.
- Delivers a reliable and uninterrupted internet speed of more than 2.2 Gbps.
3. Reliable Dual-core 1.7GHz Processor
For stream-lined wired and wireless performance, Nighthawk XR450 gives a powerful and fast dual-core processor.
4. XR450 Gives a Simultaneous Dual-Band WiFi
Capable of supporting two (2) WiFi bands simultaneously to increase the available bandwidth 2x faster.
5. High-Performance External Antennas
Four (4) external antennas for improved WiFi coverage, faster and increased internet speeds and reduces interference as well.
6. Additional DFS (Distributed File System) Channels
15 extra added channels in 5GHz specially meant for interference-free and best gaming experience.
Setting Up Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR450 Using WPS
- Make sure that your XR450 pro gaming router is properly plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Ensure that the LED lights on your Nighthawk gaming router are solid green.
- Push the WPS button on your device.
- Hold it for a few seconds or the LED lights on your XR450 starts blinking.
- Within 4-5 minutes, apply the same process on your computer or laptop.
- Be certain that during this process, your router and computer or laptop aren’t connected with each other via Ethernet cable.
And that’s it. Your Pro gaming router using the WPS process has successfully been set up.
You can also use web-user interface to setup your Nighthawk XR450 pro gaming router
- Ensure that your Nighthawk XR450 is powered on properly.
- Make sure that your computer/ laptop is connected to XR450 via Ethernet cable.
- Load up a web browser.
Note: The displayed page will depend upon whether you accessed your Nighthawk router before or not.
- The very first time you set up the WiFi connection for your XR450 Nighthawk router, the browser redirects you to routerlogin.net.
Configuring the Internet Connection page will display.
- If you have already set up the Internet connection, then enter the router login IP address in the URL bar to start the Netgear router setup and installation process.
- Follow the instructions given on the XR450 router login page. The router connects to the Internet.
- Note down that during the setup process of your Netgear router, you should change the default admin name and password for your Netgear wireless router.
- The password should be about 14-16 characters. It should contain digits, numbers, and alphabets but shouldn’t consist of dictionary words.
If the web browser does not display the Netgear router page, then do the following:
- Be certain that your computer/ laptop is connected over the WiFi.
- Ensure that your router is receiving proper power supply.
- The LED lights on your device should light up.
- Close your web browser. Clear all the cache, cookies, and browsing history. Reopen it after a few minutes.
- Update Netgear firmware on your router to the latest version.
- Place your device at a higher place.
- Do not keep XR450 in reach of a cordless phone, concrete walls, reflection of mirror, door, public WiFi, security alarms, automatic garage opener, baby monitors, electronic toys, treadmill, microwave, dishwasher, metal, and electronic appliances.
For more Netgear router troubleshooting tips, contact our technical department via chat or email.