The Ultimate Guide to Perform Netgear Router Setup
If you want to access a blazing-fast internet and seamless internet connection in every corner of your home, it is recommended that you perform Netgear router setup. Now, the question arises, do you know how to set up a Netgear wireless router? If the answer to the question is no, worry not! In this post, we’ve mentioned step-by-step guidelines that’ll help you configure a wireless router in a matter of minutes! So, let’s get started.
Methods to Perform Netgear Router Setup
Mentioned below are two different methods through which you can configure a Netgear WiFi router:
- Via Manual method
- Using the Netgear Nighthawk app
By the time you are done reading this post, you are free to choose any setup method to install the router. Read on.
Netgear Router Setup Via Manual Method
The Manual method is one of the most used methods to set up a Netgear router. You should try it too! Follow the steps mentioned below to set up your wireless router manually:
- Unbox your Netgear router carefully. Make sure that no part gets damaged.
- Plug your router into a working wall outlet and switch it on.
- Ensure that the power LED is solid green.
- Once assured, create a connection between your WiFi router and the existing modem.
- You can connect your devices either wirelessly or via an Ethernet cable.
- Then, switch on your laptop.
- Launch a web browser on it.
- In the address bar of the web browser, type routerlogin.net, and hit Enter.
- The Netgear router login page will come into view.
- Enter the default username and password of your WiFi router into the given fields.
- Click Log In.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will display on your screen.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions mentioned on the Netgear Genie dashboard, and finish performing Netgear router setup.
In this manner, you’ll be able to install the Netgear wireless router using the Manual method.
If you get stuck at any point while trying to so do, don’t hesitate to reach out to our well-versed technical experts.
Netgear Router Setup Using Nighthawk App
If you want to set up the Netgear WiFi router using your smartphone, make use of the Netgear Nighthawk app. Mentioned below are the instructions that’ll guide you on how to configure your router using the Nighthawk application:
Note: You can use the Netgear Nighthawk app on both Android as well as iOS devices.
- Unlock your smartphone and go to the Google Play Store/Apple Store.
- Type Netgear Nighthawk app in the search bar and tap Search.
- From the displayed results, choose the right app, and tap Download.
- Once the app gets downloaded, wait for it to get installed properly.
- Done? Now, open the app and create a Netgear account using your username, email ID, and password.
- Log in to the Netgear wireless router via the default routerlogin credentials.
- Refer to the user manual if you are not sure about the default admin details.
- Once the BASIC Home screen appears, follow the on-screen prompts.
If you follow these instructions carefully, you’ll surely be able to perform Netgear router setup using the Netgear Nighthawk app.
The Bottom Line
With that, our guide on how to perform Netgear router setup using two different methods has come to an end here. We hope that after following the aforementioned instructions, you won’t face any issues while configuring the router. On the off chance, you do, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts at any hour of the day.